In this guide, we are going to talk about how to use Sky Go on Roku.
Sky Go is a Sky TV online streaming service that allows users to view live and on-demand Sky TV content over the internet. On the other hand, Sky Go is a free service available to Sky TV customers. In addition to Sky TV broadcasts and programs, Sky Go offers a variety of on-demand films, such as movies and TV shows. The Sky Go app gives you access to over 200 live TV channels. The app is compatible with both smartphones and computers. Smart TVs and streaming devices are not compatible with the Sky Go app. As a result, the Sky Go app is not available on Roku. But it wouldn’t stop you from watching Sky Go on Roku by Screen mirroring your smartphone or PC. Continue reading to understand the step-by-step method
How To Enable Screen Mirroring On Roku?
Roku OS 7.7 or later must be installed on the device. Go to Settings > System > About to find the version. Check out our instructions to updating Roku firmware to the most recent version if you’re using an older version.
- Connect your Roku to the internet and turn it on.
- Using the Roku remote, press the home button.
- Then, from the home screen, select Settings.
- Select the System option from the Settings screen.
- Then go to Screen Mirroring Mode and select either Always Allow or Prompt.
- You may now pick and choose which screen Mirroring devices you want to enable and which you want to prohibit.
Also, if you select Prompt, you will be prompted for approval anytime a screen mirroring request is made. Always accept will allow the device to mirror all of the time, Accept will only allow this time, Ignore will refuse screen mirroring access this time, and Never allow will put this device to the banned list.
How To Cast Sky Go App to Roku Using Android Phone
You may use Roku to mirror your Android phone’s screen. Android phones include a built-in screen mirroring feature that allows you to show the contents of your phone onto your TV. However, not all Android phone makers use the same name to describe the same feature. The option may be found by looking for it in the Settings menu. There are a lot of words to learn. Especially, to screen mirror your Android phone to your Roku device, follow the steps below. Before you begin, go to the Play Store and download the Sky Go app for Android.
- You should connect your Roku device to the internet and turn it on.
- On the Roku remote, press the Home button.
- On the Home Screen, go to Settings.
- Select System from the Settings menu now.
- Select the screen mirroring mode and then the Always Allow checkbox.
- Connect your Roku device and your Android phone to the same WiFi network now.
- Now go to phone settings and go to the Casting option. This option varies from phone to model. Ex: Smart View or Smart Share, Wireless Display, Miracast, Screen Share, Screen Mirror, Share and Connect, Quick Connect, or HTC Connect
- Go to that option and search
- Select your Roku device, then press the Start Now button.
- Start watching any video on the Sky Go app. On the Roku TV screen, it will be visible.
How To Cast Sky Go App to Roku Using IOS (iPhone)
On your iOS device, go to the App Store and download the Sky Go app. Only a few current Roku devices support AirPlay, allowing you to mirror your iPhone or iPad to the Roku. The following are some of the Roku devices that may be able to handle AirPlay. The Screen mirroring capability is unavailable on other Roku Express 3700, Roku Express+ 3710, or Roku Express+ 3910 devices.
- Connect iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your Roku device.
- To access the Control Center, swipe down.
- Then, you can select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu.
- Select Roku device from the drop-down menu.
- The screen of your iOS smartphone will be mirrored on the Roku device.
- Now, start streaming the video with the Sky Go app.
How To Cast Sky Go App to Roku Using Windows PC
On your Windows PC, go to the Sky Go website and download the Sky Go app. Also, make sure you’re logged in to your account. You must first add the Roku device to your Windows system before screen mirror Windows to Roku.
- On your computer, open the Action Center. In the bottom-right corner, click the Notifications icon.
- Choose your Roku device after clicking the Connect option.
- The image on your desktop will be mirrored.
- Open the Sky Go app and start watching your favorite shows.
How To Cast Sky Go App to Roku Using Mac PC
Log in to your Sky TV account and download the Sky Go app for your Mac PC from the website. You may also screen mirror your Mac to Roku using the AirPlay function on your Mac.
- Make that your Mac and Roku are both connected to the same WiFi network.
- Choose the AirPlay symbol, which is on the top menu bar of the screen.
- Now select your Roku device from the drop-down menu.
- Once the screen is mirrored, open the Sky Go software on your Mac.
Recommended: 3 Ways to Play Apple Music on Roku Devices
Frequently Asked Question
What exactly is Sky Go?
The Sky Group is the creator of Sky Go, which was created to provide consumers with content. Customers that have Sky TV are fortunate. Because they get free access to Sky Go. Sky Go provides you access to a variety of Sky Channels, such as Movies, Sports, News, Kids Channels, and so on. On Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows Desktop, the Sky Go app is accessible.
Recommended: 2 Ways to Watch Fios TV on Roku Devices
What is Sky Go Extra?
What is Sky Go Extra, and how does it work? Sky Go Extra is an enhanced version of Sky Go. It allows you to register four devices instead of three and watch on two instead of one at a time. And also, you can download some content to your devices so that you can watch it when you’re not connected to the internet. Sky Go Extra is free for the first two months, after which it costs £5 per month.
Sky Go is an online service that allows you to watch Sky Channels and on-demand material. It is, as previously said, free for Sky TV subscribers. Others that want to use Sky Go should pay for it. It’s not challenging to get Sky Go on Roku
Recommended: How to Watch MSNBC On Roku Devices Easily