In this guide, we are going to talk about How To Fix the “Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death”
Even though Vizio TVs are well-optimized for better image quality and are reasonably priced, certain Vizio TV owners frequently see the Black Screen of Death. In most cases, it appears that consumers are experiencing black screen of death owing to hardware-related issues. And also, it’s possible that there are problems with the software or power supply to the Vizio TV.
If your Vizio TV cannot access a streaming service or an online app, it may display a blank screen. Vizio TVs don’t have the same luxury feel like other popular brands on the market, but they provide excellent value for money.
However, some customers are complaining about their sluggish operating system and a slew of flaws that may create a variety of problems with the user experience.
Reasons Of Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
Connection issues are one of the reasons your Vizio smart TV has no image. There might be a problem with your cable connections, preventing you from connecting correctly. Another explanation is if you are using the incorrect input channel or your input device is not switched on.
There might be several reasons why a Vizio TV screen suddenly slips out. However, the most common cause of a Vizio TV not coming on is a problem with one of the power supply panels. Multiple power supply boards, a T-Con board, and various other mechanical components may be found in modern televisions. A Vizio TV Black Screen of Death is most likely caused by the breakdown of one or more of these components, but you must first determine if the problem is connected to it. Instead of rushing to a service repair, try your hand at some easy repairs.
How To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen Of Death
Checking a few items usually solves this problem in a matter of minutes. Specially, you’ll be back to watching your favorite shows in no time with some quick troubleshooting. Here are several possible causes for your Vizio TV not turning on, as well as how to fix them.
Perform a sound test
Before jumping to any conclusions, it’s usually a good idea to do a few manual checks on your television to be sure it’s not entirely dead. Make sure your TV’s volume is cranked up all the way.
- To begin, turn on your Vizio TV and wait for the boot-up sound.
- If you still don’t hear anything, try turning it on again to double-check. Otherwise, you may attempt anything else that, according to your knowledge, may cause noise.
- Power and connectivity should both be checked.
It’s also conceivable that there’s a problem with your Vizio TV’s power and connection. Ensure there are no loose connections between the power wire and the power outlet. You may also use the instructions below to do a hard reset on your Vizio TV:
Replacing the Power Supply
Depending on the model number, you should also attempt to change the power board, which might be tough for specific customers. However, if other options don’t work for you, it’s also a good idea to try them. Make certain you follow the instructions outlined below.
- To protect the TV screen, you’ll need a soft cloth or towel.
- Next, depending on the size/type of screws on the Vizio TV, you’ll need a screwdriver.
- Then obtain a container to put all the screws you removed in so they don’t go missing.
- Turn the TV upside down on a flat surface and place a pillow underneath it for more protection.
- Now, use the screwdriver to remove all of the rear screws.
- Locate all of the fuses on the Vizio TV and replace any that have blown out.
Make a point of locating and removing any broken or exposed electrical lines.
- Then unscrew the screws holding the power board in place and remove the old board.
- Replace the old board in the exact location and reconnect all of the wires and connections.
- Tighten the screws again, then replace the back cover of the television and tighten the screws again.
- Finally, connect the TV to a power source and see whether the problem is resolved.
Unplug the power Cable from the Vizio TV and turn it off
- Then, for around 30 seconds, press and hold the TV’s power button.
- Remove the power cord from the television and reconnect it.
- Swap out a device like a cable box with a different one to evaluate the image from one. If it doesn’t work, try going into the television’s settings menu.
Get in touch with Vizio Technical Support.
If none of the preceding solutions worked for you and the inverter board or another vital component is malfunctioning, you’ll need to fix or replace it as soon as possible. If your Vizio TV is still under warranty, you may easily request a replacement.
How Can I Solve A Vizio Power Light That Is Flashing But Not Showing A Picture?
Power troubles, a bad cable signal, a fault in one of the devices connected to your TV, or the first hint of internal hardware breakdown are all possible causes for your Vizio TV’s light to keep flashing.
- Check and reattach all connections, including HDMI, composite, and even your cable outlet’s coaxial wire.
- From your Viziotv’s menu, choose Advanced video settings to access several tools that will improve your viewing experience. Disable all other choices under these options since they might be the cause of your TV’s light flickering.
- Because your Vizio TV, like many electrical gadgets, has Random Access Memory, discharging it may help you fix the problem. After a lengthy amount of time, the memory may begin to fail.
- If none of the above methods work, try rebooting your device. The power cycle is the process of completely restarting your entertainment system.
What Can I Do If The Power Light On My Vizio TV Flashes 15 Times?
The light on your Vizio TV might be flickering for a variety of reasons. This question will point you in the right direction for resolving the problem. So, without further ado, let’s get down to business.
- To begin, hit the menu button to see whether there are any power difficulties. If the menu does not appear, your TV is not receiving enough power. If this isn’t the case, keep reading.
- Choose from a menu.
- Now choose “system”–> “reset admin” from the drop-down menu.
- Exit out after turning on the power indicator.
- Now, switch off and on your television. Your problem is fixed if the light remains on without flashing. This problem frequently occurs while the system is upgrading.
- If the problem persists, try restarting your device. The power cycle is the process of completely restarting your entertainment system.
Hopefully, by attempting the steps outlined above, you will be able to restore normality to your television set. If your TV continues to malfunction, don’t hesitate to contact Vizio to get it repaired under warranty or seek technical assistance at a nearby service center.