In this guide, we are going to talk about How to watch and Cast Foxtel Go on Apple TV
Nowadays, every cable TV provider and live television station has a streaming application. Logging in using the TV provider credentials allows you to view the video material without incurring any extra charges to your subscription. All Foxtel and Foxtel Now subscribers will have access to the Foxtel Go app at no extra charge. You may also use the Foxtel Go app on your Apple TV in conjunction with this. Surprisingly, the Foxtel Go app does not seem accessible for Apple television sets. The software is only available for download on iPhones and iPads. With the most recent update to the Foxtel Go app, you can now utilize the built-in AirPlay capability to mirror the films to any Apple TV device, regardless of the device’s generation.
What’s Foxtel GO?
Foxtel Move is a free mobile application that enables you to view part of your subscription material on the go, as well as on your computer using a web browser. It is included with your usual Foxtel membership, so there is no need to join up for anything new or pull out your credit card to watch it. Simple, download the free Foxtel app or head to the Foxtel website and sign in with your Foxtel credentials. While you can still see the latest episodes of your favorite programs and catch up on missed episodes, you can also view shows that aren’t aired live, such as on-demand movies and TV series.
How To Watch Foxtel Go On Apple TV?
Prior Things to be done
- Check to ensure that your Apple TV and iPhone are linked to the same WiFi network before continuing.
- AirPlay should be enabled on your Apple TV (Settings –> General –> AirPlay) before you begin.
- If you don’t already have the Foxtel Go app on your iPhone, you can get it from the App Store for free. (The app is only accessible in Australia at this time.)
Procedure to Use Foxtel Go on Apple TV
- Install the Foxtel Go application on your iPad or iPhone. It is available for download straight from the Apple Store.
- Start the Foxtel Go application and begin playing the material that you have streamed.
- The Airplay icon, which may be found on the media player, should be selected.
- Your device will look for other devices connected to the same network near it.
- Choose your Apple TV from the drop-down menu.
- The material will be streamed on the TV to which your Apple TV is currently connected.
Foxtel Go is exclusively accessible in Australia, and there are no plans to expand. Users outside Australia must depend on a reliable virtual private network (VPN) provider to circumvent geo-restrictions. It is anticipated that the official and dedicated Foxtel Go app for Apple TV will be released very soon. To view Foxtel Go on a smart TV until that time, you’ll have to rely on this Airplay mirroring technique.
Alternate Method To Use Foxtel Go On Apple TV
- This solution will use the Safari web browser or any other web browser that you may have installed on your Apple TV.
- Launch the web browser that is installed on your Apple TV.
- Access Foxtel Go by going to the website and signing in with your Foxtel account.
- Select the video you wish to play on Apple TV from your computer or mobile device. You may circumvent the geo-restriction by using a virtual private network (VPN) if you are located outside of Australia.
How To Use Foxtel Go On Apple TV On iOS Device?
- Check to confirm that you are running the most recent version of the Foxtel Go app on your iPhone or iPad before proceeding further.
- Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV so that both devices may communicate.
- On your iOS device, use the Foxtel Go app and begin streaming any video content.
- Tap the AirPlay symbol on the playback screen while the feed is playing.
- Your Apple TV device will now be visible. To activate it, tap on it. The film will play on your Apple TV after it has been downloaded.
- Press the AirPlay symbol and choose your iOS device from the drop-down menu to turn off the casting.
How To Use Foxtel Go On Apple TV Using Macbook?
- Connect your Macbook to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV to ensure that both devices are connected.
- Use the Safari web browser and go to the Foxtel Go website to get started.
- Log in using your Foxtel username and password.
- Select a video to stream from your computer. While streaming, press the AirPlay symbol on your device’s screen.
- Select your Apple TV device from the drop-down menu that appears.
- The video will now be transmitted to your Apple TV. Thanks for your patience.
Using Foxtel Go, you’ll be able to watch more than 50 live television channels as well as on-demand video material. The membership begins at $25 a month and includes a 10-day free trial. You may log into the Foxtel Go app with the same account you use to access the Foxtel channel for those who have a cable TV provider that offers the Foxtel channel.
Is Foxtel Go included in my subscription?
The Foxtel Go app is accessible to Foxtel residential and Foxtel Now users, but not to Optus TV customers who have Foxtel. Downloading the app or using the browser to stream your favorite entertainment has no additional fees.
What is the procedure for gaining access to Foxtel Go?
To begin, go to the appropriate shop and download the Foxtel Go app for your device: App Store for Apple devices or Play Store for Android devices. On a PC or Mac, go to watch.foxtel.com.au using Chrome or Safari. If you have a Foxtel subscription, you can use your Foxtel ID to log in to the Foxtel Go app, which you can also use to access your My Account.
If you have a Foxtel Now subscription, you may use your Foxtel Now username and password to log in to the Foxtel Go app.
How can I set a limit on how much mobile data I use on Foxtel Go?
When viewing Foxtel on a smartphone or tablet, you may lower your video quality to ‘low’ under the Foxtel Go settings, which will take around 1.4GB per hour. Please note that while using a mobile network, Foxtel Go will automatically convert to a low data consumption mode (this does not include WiFi hot spot connections).
What is the best way to cast to my TV?
You can cast to your TV if you have a Foxtel Now subscription or a residential Foxtel customer with a Multiroom or Multiscreen subscription. A suitable Smart TV, as well as a Google Chromecast or Apple TV device, must be connected to your TV. Make sure your registered Foxtel Go device is linked to the same WiFi network as your Smart TV, Chromecast, or Apple TV device. It’s as easy as touching the Chromecast or Airplay icons on the video you want to view through Foxtel Go and waiting for the two devices to sync up after they’ve been set up.
You can use the Foxtel Go app on Apple TV in two different ways. You’ll have to wait till the app is released for tvOS before installing it on Apple TV.