In this guide, we are going to talk about how to cast Funimation on Chromecast
Funimation is a streaming service that allows you to view anime, particularly Japanese anime. It’s a pay-per-view streaming service with ad-free content for binge-watching. Within two weeks of airing, it had subtitles for all programming. It also has a function that allows you to download anime material and watch it offline. Watching anime on a large screen rather than on your smartphone will enjoy a better streaming experience. You may download the app and enjoy the contents if you have a Smart TV.
How to Setup Chromecast
Step 1: Connect your Chromecast device to your TV.
- Connect Chromecast to your television.
- Plugin your Chromecast’s USB power cord.
- Plug the USB power cable’s other end into the provided power adapter, then into a wall outlet.
Note: Only use the AC adapter that comes with the package.
Step 2: Get the Google Home app on your phone. Install the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
Step 3: Configure Chromecast Use these basic Chromecast setup instructions to get started.
Step 4: Broadcast the material
Note: If your device restarts during the casting process, try casting your content again.
How To Use Chromecast To Play Funimation On An Android Phone
You may cast the Funimation app to your Chromecast if loaded on your Android or iOS phone. Download the Funimation app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- (1) Join the same WiFi network as your phone and Chromecast.
- (2). On your handheld, go to the applications area and click the Funimation app to activate it.
- (3). Choose or browse through any animation show you’d want to cast.
- (4). Tap on the Cast symbol in the top-right corner of the screen.
- (5) Select the Chromecast TV name from the list of devices connected to the same WiFi network.
- (6) If the connection is successful, your smartphone’s screen will appear on your Chromecast TV.
- (7). To stop screen casting Funimation, tap on the Cast button once again and choose to Stop Casting.
How To Cast Funimation On PC Using Chromecast
- (1) Make sure your PC and Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi network.
- (2). Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC or laptop.
- (3) Go to the Funimation website using the search or URL bar.
- (4). To provide the relevant information, hover over the login button at the top of the page and click it.
- (5) Once the home page has loaded, click on any Funimation video to play it.
- (6). Now right-click anywhere on the screen and choose Cast from the pop-up menu.
Alternative: Hover over the Menu symbol in the top-right corner and choose Cast from the drop-down menu.
- (7) Select the Chromecast TV name from the Cast tab pop-up if it appears.
- (8). Additionally, pick the Cast tab from the drop-down icon in the Sources box.
- (9). Once the connection is established, you may begin watching Funimation on Chromecast TV.
How To Use Chromecast To Watch Funimation On Your iPhone
- Launch the Funimation app on your device. Download the application from the Google Play Store or the App Store if you don’t already have it.
- Open the Funimation app and log in with your username and password. Then, to cast, play any anime video.
- On the upper right corner of the app screen, click the Cast symbol.
- Select your Chromecast device from the device list.
- When the casting procedure is completed successfully, the Cast symbol will change. Because the video will now be cast on your Chromecast TV, this is the case.
- To halt the casting process, click the Cast symbol and choose to Stop Casting from the drop-down menu.
Will my Funimation account work on
Funimation and Crunchyroll have combined, altering the way you watch anime.
The two anime streaming services are now referred to as Crunchyroll. A fresh wave of series will be added to the service and a special deal for existing Funimation customers. However, there is no difference in pricing.
Why is Funimation’s content being transferred to Crunchyroll?
Sony purchased Crunchyroll in 2021 for a low price of $1.175 billion. Sony now owns Funimation and Crunchyroll, two of the most popular anime streaming services.
So, what exactly was Sony’s game plan? The company’s purpose was to “produce a uniform anime subscription experience as fast as possible.” It only took the corporation less than a year to realize its ambition.
For how long will you be able to watch Funimation for free?
A free Funimation account seems to accomplish exactly what it claims: it allows you to view anime for free. However, it isn’t quite that simple. Why create a free account when you can see specific stuff on the Funimation website without signing in?
You may access adult material, save episodes, and build a watchlist to keep track of all your favorite anime movies and programs by creating a free Funimation account using your email address and password. Additionally, as long as you have an internet connection, you can download the Funimation app and log into your free account to watch anime anywhere.
However, since Funimation also offers premium membership options, there are certain features that a free account cannot provide. The Funimation free account provides restricted access to the site’s anime material. You’ll also notice that not all free material is dubbed in English, so specific episodes may need subtitles.
The amount of screens you can view varies depending on whether you have a free or premium subscription. If you want to watch on one screen at a time, the free account will suffice, but if you pay for a monthly membership, you’ll be able to stream on up to five displays at once. Users who wish to watch offline will need to upgrade to a Premium or Premium Plus package.
On the website, there is a 14-day Funimation free trial. However, this is not the same as a Funimation free account. Its free trial allows you to experience the benefits of the Premium or Premium Plus subscriptions before paying the Funimation fee.
With a Funimation free account, what can I watch?
The anime streaming site has over 600 series, but you can only watch a few of them with a free subscription. The films offered for free viewing are mainly older releases, with trailers or sneak peeks for newer material accessible.
Some recent series, such as Skate-Leading Stars and Tamayomi: The Basketball Girls, have the first one or two episodes accessible for free, but after that, you’ll need to pay for a membership to see the remainder of the episodes.
Anything that needs a paid membership has a red subscribe button in the upper left corner of the thumbnail, making it simple to figure out what you have access to and what you don’t.
Funimation is a video streaming service that focuses primarily on anime. As a result, it is the ideal software for anime fans. It has a monthly membership fee of $5.99 with a 14-day free trial. You can watch all anime videos with English subtitles on the Funimation app. The app provides HD streaming quality and can seamlessly broadcast videos. The Funimation app has a built-in cast icon, making the casting procedure simple.